Background Image Background Image Background Image Background Image

Performance bonds are issued by a surety company.  The surety company issuing the performance bond should be licensed by the State of Nebraska and listed on the current edition of Circular 570 of the United States Department of the Treasury.



Acceptable substitutes for a surety company issued performance bond would be a certified check, an official bank check, or cashier's check drawn on a national bank or a bank chartered under the laws of the state, payable to the city or county (depending on which entity put out the bid), or lawful money of the United States, or a United States Government Bond (negotiable).  COMPANY CHECKS ARE NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR A PERFORMANCE BOND.

Get Adobe Reader

Douglas County Video Tour